Maintenance Position (see also Groundskeeping) - Derby Public Schools
|Position:||Maintenance Position (see also Groundskeeping)|
|Job Title:||Facilities Manager|
|Job Location:||Derby Public Schools - Central Office|
|Beginning:||Feb 04, 2019|
|Deadline:||Jan 25, 2019**|
|District:||Derby Public Schools|
|Derby, CT 06418|
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds
- Train and supervise custodial staff
- Assure optimal functioning of building systems
- Make recommendations to maintain and improve the facilities
- Oversee contractors working on the facilities
- Implement and manage approved projects
- Participate in the operating budget process
- Prepare and implement five year capital plan
- Maintain project files and warranty information
- Interface with administration to coordinate work and resolve facility concerns
- Proactively work with the business manager to augment operating procedures
- Work within grant guidelines for grant funded facility expenditures and projects
- Attend city meetings as directed
- Prepare bid documents for projects, supplies and services
- Serve as the District’s coordinator of the Safety Services Program, including asbestos management; hazard communications; updating OSHA stands and regulations; underground storage tanks; training; pesticide notice, application, reporting; radon testing; and so forth.
- Performs related duties as required or as requested by the Superintendent his/her designee.
- Proficient with Computer and Internet usage.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including; Excel, Word and Outlook
- Requires a valid Driver’s License
** District reserves the right to close any Job Posting when a suitable applicant has been found before the deadline date.
**** REAP Applicants: If you want to notify the school district of your interest in this job, click here.