Social Worker - Spire Schools
|Job Title:||SPIRE SCHOOL LIFE COACH (Social Work/School Counselor/Psychologist)|
|Beginning:||Jan 23, 2017|
|Deadline:||Open until filled **|
|Riverside, CT 06878|
203-661-1609 EXT 106
- The Spire School is an approved private special education therapeutic day school in Stamford, CT with a small student to teacher ratio. The school focuses on students who are academically capable but require intensive social/emotionally support. Our faculty and staff collaborate to develop plans that meet the individual academic and emotional needs of each student. The Life Coach will join our distinguished team of administrators, teachers, and clinicians. The Life Coach is responsible for the following:
- Implementing students' Individual Education Plans (IEP), executive function coaching, CBT, etc, to promote social/emotional and academic skill development.
- Hold individual and group sessions for academic and social emotional skill development.
- Actively collaborate on the development and implementation of students' IEPs; review/discuss student issues with team members.
- Engage faculty, parents and providers routinely, maintain ongoing communication with students,parents, teachers and mental health professionals.
- Conduct regular review of students' academic progress to identify need for academic interventions, teacher communication, and/or classroom observation.
- Maintain consistent communication with Administrators regarding student/parent/faculty issues.
- Develop and implement curricula for psycho-education, social skills, academic/counseling support and other therapeutic groups.
- Lead/co-lead Spire groups including " Know thyself, Executive Function Workshop", process group, parent/child groups and more.
- Design summer therapy groups and curricula.
- Conduct initial telephone inquiries and summaries for prospective students.
- Implement PBIS systems to improve school climate and foster positive peer culture.
- Requirements include:
- Master's Degree required, MSW/LCSW, Psychologist, or School Counselor. Min. 2 years experience working with adolescents, experience/interest in working with special education is preferred.
- Experience with cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, positive psychology, and executive function coaching.
- Please send your resume with at least 2 written references and a copy of the appropriate Connecticut certification to email@example.com
** District reserves the right to close any Job Posting when a suitable applicant has been found before the deadline date.
**** REAP Applicants: If you want to notify the school district of your interest in this job, click here.